Our department is responsible for overseeing the overall operations of the Gwa’sala-‘Nakwaxda’xw. This includes:
- Financial matters including the annual budget and overall fiscal responsibility
- Addressing concerns brought forward by community members
- Representing the Nations at meetings and events
- Dealing with emergencies
- Hiring and managing personnel
- Fielding correspondence addressed to the Nations at large
We are also the liaison between Chief & Council and department staff. Chief & Council hold regular meetings, attended by our Nations’ Band Manager, where they set priorities and delegate action items. It is then our responsibility to take those priorities and action items back to the department staff for implementation.