GNN ELder's Program
Elder's building use policy
- The Gwa’sala-‘Nakwaxda’xw Elders Centre belongs to the Gwa’sala-‘Nakwaxda’xw Elders.
- Keys and codes for the building will only be given to persons that occupy office spaces in the building: Trust Chair. Treaty Assistant. Youth Sports &
Recreation Coordinator, Foods & Security Coordinator, Elder’s Coordinator, and Nation Manager.
- The Elder’s building will only be available for work purposes only re: meetings, workshops. youth nights, exercise club.
- The Elder’s Coordinator will be the one that is authorized to open the building for grieving family’s or emergencies. If the Coordinator is unavailable the Nation Manager will open it for them.
- Elder’s Center bookings must be made during office hours, Monday-Friday.
- A clean up fee of $40.00 will be applied after your event. Fees can be waived only if you thoroughly clean up yourself after your event.
- The Elder’s Building will be closed during Christmas Holidays as the other offices.
- There will be no more personal use rentals, due to theft and vandalism in the past.
- Office space occupiers are not permitted to give their keys or codes to anyone, as stated in tho key agreement.
- The Gwa’sala-‘Nakwaxda’xw Nation Administration and Health & Family Services staff may use the Elder’s Center for any work related purposes during office hours, unless otherwise discussed with our Elder’s Coordinator.
- Tables and chairs are never to leave the building.
- This is a professional office space and should be treated as such.
- If you do not follow the Gwa’sala-‘Nakwaxda’xw Elder’s Building Policy, you will be given fair warning the first time. The second time will result in being banned from using the Elder’s Center for future events and a fine of $100 will be applied to you or your program
Catering and rental fees
- Half day meeting room rental: $50
- Full day meeting room rental: $100
- Cleaning Fee: $40
- Office space rental for The Gwa’sala-‘Nakwaxda’xw Nation Operations: 200$ per month
- Office space rental for all other parties: $400 per month.
- Catering Fees: $15 per person plus grocery receipts.
The Gwa’sala-‘Nakwaxda’xw Elder’s Council develops independent programming. The Program’s Administrator operates under supervision of the Gwa’sala-‘Nakwaxda’xw Health Director of the Health and Family Services department.
Our LPN’s are seen more and more down at the Elder’s Centre, offering more programs.
The Youth Sports and Recreation Coordinator has movie nights in the Elder’s Centre three nights a week: Thursday, Friday and Saturday evenings.
We also have a Good Food Program where all the elders get a healthy food item to use. For example: the first week was honey. Everyone received a container of honey to substitute sugar. The following week everyone received quinoa to add to their rice.
The Elder’s Council hold roles in many different programs and projects, including their own.
The Elder’s Council has been approached by Grassroots to partner up for a community licensed kitchen to help develop food security.
We look forward to the many programs that are arising and coming together as we work on building relationships and working together for our community.